Megan Thee Stallion has now revealed how she was able to attend Beyonce’s much awaited Renaissance World Tour.
Entertainment Tonight spoke with the Texan rap singer on Sunday (March 12) at the Vanity Fair Oscar afterparty to find out if she intended to go to Beyonce’s next tour. Megan jokingly claimed to have a “direct line” and that Queen Bey personally gave her the tickets.
“They gonna be hating on me,” she told the reporter. “But I got em.”
She continued: “You know I called them up directly like, ‘Beyonce, let me get a ticket!’”
Speaking of upcoming performances, Megan said last week that she would be performing in Houston for the first time since the Tory Lanez trial. Meg will perform as the opening act at the AT&T Block Party on March 31, according to Rolling Stone.
The three-day festival of the 2018 Men’s March Madness tournament will take place at Discovery Green Park coincide with Houston hosting the NCAA Final Four. The NCAA website allows fans to sign up for free tickets to the March Madness Music Festival.
“There’s no place I’d rather be for my first performance of the year than my hometown of Houston,” Meg relayed in a statement. “The AT&T Block Party Concert is gonna be such a vibe, and I can’t wait to get back on stage in the city where it all began. I’m looking forward to seeing my Hotties and putting on an unforgettable show for them.”
While Megan Thee Stallion will be the headliner on night one in Bayou City, Lil Nas X and Maggie Rogers are scheduled to play the following evening, on April 1.
Meg hasn’t performed in her hometown since 2019; she was originally scheduled to perform in late 2021, but she postponed it out of respect for the Astroworld Festival tragedy victims.
The “WAP” rapper has kept a quiet profile since the Tory Lanez trial, but she made her first public appearance last month while spending Valentine’s Day with her boyfriend Pardison Fontaine. On February 15, she then attended a surprise party to celebrate her 28th brithday.